After a remarkable few weeks of effort during which a warehouse has been transformed in a multi-interest play area for children, Kids’N'Action in Winnersh is all set to open on Sunday, August 5th.
Roni and Barry Zigner have pulled it off but there were times when I had my doubts that it would all come together in time.
I’ve been popping in two or three times a week to record the progress and there have been occasional complications but the place looks wonderful now.
As well as the monstrous three-level soft climbing frame with three different slides, there is also:
- an enclosed mini football and basketball area;
- a separate play area for toddlers;
- a peddle car driving area with ‘car wash’ for toddlers;
- a large café where parents can eat, drink real coffee and use the free WiFi while the kids play;
- a climbing wall;
- 8 themed party rooms, each with seating for around 16 children – including a glow-in-the dark room with ultra-violet lighting and glowing furniture;
- a ‘high street’ of shops that kids can play in, including a vets, a grocery shop and a bakery
- 7 XBox consoles with Kinect.
It’s not surprising that the few kids who have had a chance to preview the facilities didn’t want to leave.
The fun starts for real at 09:30 on Sunday August 5th at 680 Eskdale Road in what is now called Winnersh IQ. Head for the Holiday Inn and turn left into Eskdale Road then follow the road around the right hand bend and take the next right into Borrowdale Road. First left is the car park for Kids’N'Action.